Receptionist - Ottawa, ON
Application deadline: 12-03-2024
The office receptionist is the initial point of contact at the front desk, responsible for welcoming visitors, members and clients, answering phones and providing administrative support to the office. They play a pivotal role in creating a positive first impression by maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor. The Receptionist also performs other duties to support the efficient and effective operation of other departments within the organization. The receptionist must be professional and highly organized, have excellent communication skills with a strong work ethic, and the ability to work autonomously.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet and welcome visitors, clients and members with a friendly and professional demeanor, creating a positive first impression.
- Manage incoming requests, routing them to the appropriate individuals or departments, and providing basic information as needed.
- Receive, sort, log and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and packages.
- Ensure the reception area is clean, organized, and presents a professional image.
- Address and resolve basic issues or concerns that visitors, members or clients may have, or direct them to the appropriate person for further assistance.
- Return voicemails and respond to email inquiries within client service standards, investigating details and requesting assistance as appropriate.
- Maintain paper and electronic file systems for the administration team, ensuring an efficient and reliable system is in place for retrieval of documents and information.
- Compile information as requested for members, clients, employers and health service providers.
- Provide general administrative support such as typing, data entry, photocopying, filing and scanning as required.
- Coordinate archiving and recalling documents stored offsite.
- Provide general operational support such as distributing and managing electronic documents/correspondence and coordinating mailouts as required.
- Contribute to the team effort by completing other administrative tasks or projects as assigned.
- Perform any other duties necessary to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary diploma in a related field, such as business administration or equivalent training acquired from a combination of relevant work experience and education.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience or equivalent training.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and tact while working in a dynamic team environment.
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy of work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to interact professionally with visitors, clients, members, and colleagues.
- Excellent customer service to provide a positive and welcoming experience for visitors and effectively address inquiries.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, such as welcoming visitors, handling phone calls, and administrative duties, while maintaining attention to detail.
- A professional and friendly demeanor, projecting a positive image for the organization.
- Ability to handle unexpected situations, troubleshoot issues, and direct inquiries to the appropriate channels.
- Excellent grammatical, spelling and communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and knowledge of standard office administration procedures.
- The ability to adhere to existing company policies and procedures.
- The ability to use tact and discretion to maintain information in the strictest of confidence.
- Bilingualism (English and French) required.
- Experience in a receptionist or customer service role is considered an asset.
At Ellement, we believe in investing in our business and operating it as effectively as we can. One of the best ways we know is by hiring great people. We also know that by investing in our employees and encouraging ongoing education, upgrading, and training, we’re building an environment where staff feel supported, involved, and engaged. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive compensation, and benefits package, and ongoing support for your professional and personal growth.
If interested, please apply directly to Receptionist at Ellement Consulting Group | Jobs at Ellement Consulting Group (gohire.io)
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.