Director of Finance
Application deadline: 22-08-2020
Ellement Consulting Group (Ellement) is a privately-owned actuarial consulting firm that has been providing actuarial, administration, software programming and consulting solutions for pension, benefits, and investment programs for individuals, corporations, unions, associations, and governments for programs based in Canada since 1996.
Our mission is to design, implement, and manage employee benefit programs for individuals and institutions to provide economic security at a reasonable and affordable cost.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Director of Finance to join our team.
As the Director of Finance, you will be part of a finance team that provides high quality accounting services to the corporate executives of Ellement and to its clients. You will have access to and regularly work with information that is highly confidential and critical in nature. As the Director of Finance, you must be professional and highly organized, have excellent communication skills, with a strong work ethic and the ability to work autonomously.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Primarily assist the CEO in mergers, divestures, and acquisitions of companies.
▪ Assist the COO in ensuring the efficiency of the overall operations, as needed.
▪ Manage and maintain the Ellement group of companies’ corporate financial statements.
▪ Assist with the pension accounting statements for the pension trust fund clients of Ellement.
▪ Assist with the benefit accounting statements for the benefit trust fund clients of Ellement.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
▪ Prior experience in merger and acquisitions is required.
▪ Accounting experience and familiarity with accounting software (e.g. QuickBooks).
▪ Strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
▪ Strong organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to set and manage multiple priorities.
▪ Able to maintain confidentiality related to private and business matters.
▪ Strong multi-tasking skills and strong attention to detail.
▪ Excellent interpersonal skills.
At Ellement, we believe in investing in our business and operating it as effectively as we can. One of the best ways we know is by hiring great people. We also know that by investing in our employees and encouraging ongoing education, upgrading, and training, we’re building an environment where staff feel supported, involved, and engaged. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package, and ongoing support for your professional and personal growth.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an in-person interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter stating your salary expectations, resume, and references to email@example.com or by visiting our website at www.ellement.ca.