Application deadline: 25-05-2022
Ellement Consulting Group is a national provider of integrated Retirement, Benefit, Actuarial, and Investment Consulting, as well as Administration Services for retirement and Benefit programs, and Retirement and Benefit Software Solutions for internally administered organizations.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Pension Analyst to join our team.
As a Pension Analyst, you will be part of an administration team that provides high quality administration services to multiple clients and demonstrates outstanding and timely customer service. You will have access to and regularly work with information that is highly confidential and critical in nature. As a Pension Analyst, you must be professional and highly organized, have excellent communication skills, with a strong work ethic and the ability to work autonomously.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Process cases for events such as retirement, termination of employment, death, relationship breakdown, etc.
▪ Accurately maintain and update client databases on a regular basis.
▪ Quality control of year-end data input and verification of program output, including Annual Benefit Statements.
▪ Calculate pension adjustments (PA), pension adjustment reversals (PAR), and past service pension adjustments (PSPA).
▪ File the Annual Information Return (AIR) and other regulatory forms with the applicable legislating body.
▪ Interpret and apply the provisions of the pension plans and various applicable provincial and federal legislation.
▪ Respond to inquiries from clients and plan members regarding data, administration, and interpretation of the pension plan text or plan policies/contracts in a professional and timely manner.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
▪ Course work completed towards the Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) designation would be considered an asset.
▪ Minimum three years of previous relevant work experience in the pension field.
▪ Strong multi-tasking skills and strong attention to detail.
▪ Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
▪ Solid working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
▪ Strong organizational and time management skills as well as the ability to set and manage multiple priorities.
▪ Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
▪ Able to maintain confidentiality related to private and business matters.
At Ellement, we believe in investing in our business and operating it as effectively as we can. One of the best ways we know is by hiring great people. We also know that by investing in our employees and encouraging ongoing education, upgrading, and training, we’re building an environment where staff feel supported, involved, and engaged. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive compensation and benefits package, and ongoing support for your professional and personal growth.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting our website.